The Lake Chelan Historical Society (LCHS) was started in 1970 by James Lindston after he retired from the Seattle First National Bank (SeaFirst) as the Chelan branch manager.
The building that the museum occupies was originally the home of the Miners & Merchants Bank, which was established in 1902 and operated until 1955, when it was acquired by SeaFirst. The building was built in 1907.
Our mission statement is short and to the point: to act as a historical resource and cultural center for the Lake Chelan Valley.
We are a 501(c)(3) organization for tax purposes and thus can accept donations that would qualify as charitable contributions.
We are independently operated: our income is mainly derived from membership dues, admission fees, rental income and sales of historical books and pamphlets, apple labels and grants.